Studio Two (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Engineer: Geoff Emerick
During this brief session, which ran from 2.30-3.30pm, balance engineer Geoff Emerick made tape copies of three songs for the Yellow Submarine soundtrack.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Estádio do Morumbi, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2008: The Vatican forgives Lennon for Jesus remarks
- 1989: Paul McCartney interviewed in New York City
- 1968: UK album release: The Beatles (White Album)
- 1963: Live: Globe Cinema, Stockton-on-Tees
- 1963: UK album release: With The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg – The Beatles perform without George Harrison
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.