Studio Two (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Engineer: Geoff Emerick
During this brief session, which ran from 2.30-3.30pm, balance engineer Geoff Emerick made tape copies of three songs for the Yellow Submarine soundtrack.
The songs were ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’, ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)’ and ‘Nowhere Man’. More copies of songs were made on the following day.
Last updated: 10 December 2011
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Estádio do Morumbi, São Paulo, Brazil
- 2008: The Vatican forgives Lennon for Jesus remarks
- 1989: Paul McCartney interviewed in New York City
- 1968: UK album release: The Beatles (White Album)
- 1963: Live: Globe Cinema, Stockton-on-Tees
- 1963: UK album release: With The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg – The Beatles perform without George Harrison
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.