This was The Beatles’ fourth performance at the Village Hall on East Prestcot Road, Knotty Ash, Liverpool.
The show was booked by Mona Best, mother of Pete Best, who promoted beat music events at the Casbah Coffee Club and other venues around Liverpool.
The Beatles performed at the Knotty Ash Village Hall on eight occasions. The other dates were 15, 22 and 29 September; 27 October; 10 and 17 November 1961; and 17 March 1962. The last of these was promoted by Sam Leach, who took over the venue from Mona Best earlier that year.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Massey Hall, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 1998: US album release: Rushes by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1969: Mixing: Live Peace In Toronto 1969 by Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: US single release: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: US album release: Wedding Album by John & Yoko
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman holiday in New York
- 1967: Recording: The Fool On The Hill, Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Recording: We Can Work It Out
- 1964: Live: Caird Hall, Dundee
- 1963: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Hull
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.