With the White Album finally complete, The Beatles went their separate ways for much of late October and November 1968. On this day Paul McCartney travelled to New York, where he had a 10-day holiday with Linda Eastman.
McCartney and Eastman returned to London on 30 October, having also stopped briefly in Jamaica.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Massey Hall, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 1969: Mixing: Live Peace In Toronto 1969 by Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: US album release: Wedding Album by John & Yoko
- 1967: Recording: The Fool On The Hill, Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Recording: We Can Work It Out
- 1964: Live: Caird Hall, Dundee
- 1963: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Hull
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.