This was the 17th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Massey Hall, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 1969: Mixing: Live Peace In Toronto 1969 by Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: US album release: Wedding Album by John & Yoko
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman holiday in New York
- 1967: Recording: The Fool On The Hill, Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Recording: We Can Work It Out
- 1964: Live: Caird Hall, Dundee
- 1963: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Hull
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.