This was the 16th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall, Fort Myers, Florida
- 1968: John and Yoko appear in court on drugs charges
- 1967: Recording: Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Recording: unused Christmas fan club messages
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Edinburgh
- 1963: Live: Pavilion Gardens Ballroom, Buxton
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.