The Beatles’ 45th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 60th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Massey Hall, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 1998: US album release: Rushes by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1969: Mixing: Live Peace In Toronto 1969 by Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: US single release: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1969: US album release: Wedding Album by John & Yoko
- 1968: Paul McCartney and Linda Eastman holiday in New York
- 1967: Recording: The Fool On The Hill, Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Recording: We Can Work It Out
- 1964: Live: Caird Hall, Dundee
- 1963: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Hull
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.