This was the 24th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Heinz Hall, Pittsburgh
- 1986: US album release: Menlove Ave by John Lennon
- 1981: US album release: Stop And Smell The Roses by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Night And Day by Ringo Starr
- 1964: Mixing: What You’re Doing, Honey Don’t, Mr Moonlight, Every Little Thing, Eight Days A Week
- 1963: Live: Cirkus, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 1962: Live: Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight
- 1962: The Beatles’ first radio interview
- 1961: Live: Knotty Ash Village Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.