This was the 25th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Lyric Opera House, Baltimore
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, Kentucky
- 1996: Album release: Anthology 3
- 1965: Mixing: We Can Work It Out
- 1964: Interview: Playboy
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Exeter
- 1963: Live: Borås Hallen, Borås, Sweden
- 1962: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Raymond Jones orders My Bonnie from Brian Epstein
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.