Following their three concerts in Gothenburg, The Beatles travelled 60 km to Borås, where they played a single show in the Borås Hallen at Bockasjogatan.
In the afternoon they spent half an hour signing records in a music store called Waidele. Thousands of fans turned up, hoping to meet The Beatles, but many were disappointed.
The group's concert in Borås was their largest of the Sweden tour, with 2,500 people in attendance. The Beatles took to the stage at 7.30pm.
The likely setlist for this concert, and for all the other dates on the Sweden tour, contained nine songs:
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Lyric Opera House, Baltimore
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, Kentucky
- 1965: Mixing: We Can Work It Out
- 1964: Interview: Playboy
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Exeter
- 1962: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Raymond Jones orders My Bonnie from Brian Epstein
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.