During this half-hour session George Martin oversaw the creation of a rough mono mix of ‘We Can Work It Out’.
The mix was never intended for release. It was instead used for The Beatles to mime to during the recording of The Music Of Lennon And McCartney, a television special filmed in Manchester on 1 and 2 November.
After listening to the mix, The Beatles decided that the song required more vocals. These were added on 29 October 1965, along with a second harmonium part.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Lyric Opera House, Baltimore
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, Kentucky
- 1996: Album release: Anthology 3
- 1964: Interview: Playboy
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Exeter
- 1963: Live: Borås Hallen, Borås, Sweden
- 1962: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Raymond Jones orders My Bonnie from Brian Epstein
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.