A mono mixing session took place in the control room of Studio Two from 4-5pm. Two versions of ‘We Can Work It Out’ were made, the first for the single and the second for the Granada Television special The Music Of Lennon And McCartney, filmed on 1 and 2 November in Manchester.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Royal Mint issues limited edition John Lennon £5 coin
- 1991: US album release: Choba B CCCP by Paul McCartney
- 1973: US single release: Mind Games by John Lennon
- 1968: Mixing: Hey Bulldog, All Together Now, All You Need Is Love, Only A Northern Song
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Plymouth
- 1963: Live: Sporthallen, Eskilstuna, Sweden
- 1963: Mixing: With The Beatles album
- 1962: Television: People And Places
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.