This was the 26th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Royal Mint issues limited edition John Lennon £5 coin
- 1991: US album release: Choba B CCCP by Paul McCartney
- 1973: US single release: Mind Games by John Lennon
- 1968: Mixing: Hey Bulldog, All Together Now, All You Need Is Love, Only A Northern Song
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1965: Recording, mixing: We Can Work It Out, Day Tripper
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Plymouth
- 1963: Live: Sporthallen, Eskilstuna, Sweden
- 1963: Mixing: With The Beatles album
- 1962: Television: People And Places
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.