This was the first of two days at Granada TV Centre in Manchester, during which The Beatles recorded their contributions to The Music Of Lennon & McCartney, a television special first broadcast on 16 December 1965.
The other guests on the show were Cilla Black, Peter and Gordon, Lulu, Henry Mancini, Esther Phillips, Fritz Spiegl, Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, Alan Haven, the George Martin Orchestra, Dick Rivers, and Peter Sellers.
Filming continued on the following day, 2 November 1965.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Paul McCartney reveals photo inspiration for Lady Madonna
- 2010: Steinway announces John Lennon grand piano
- 2010: Paul McCartney and Wings’ Band On The Run is reissued
- 2004: Album release: Acoustic by John Lennon
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: UK album release: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: Untitled Sound Effects, Hello, Goodbye, The Fool On The Hill
- 1967: Mixing: All You Need Is Love, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1964: Live: Astoria Cinema, Finsbury Park, London
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Cheltenham
- 1963: UK EP release: The Beatles No. 1
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Bruno Koschmider terminates The Beatles’ Kaiserkeller contract
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.