The Beatles’ 21st evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. It was also the 10th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The Beatles topped a bill which also featured The Strangers and Gerry and the Pacemakers. This was their 70th overall appearance at the Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 24 August 2012
Also on this day...
- 2017: Paul McCartney reveals photo inspiration for Lady Madonna
- 2010: Steinway announces John Lennon grand piano
- 2010: Paul McCartney and Wings’ Band On The Run is reissued
- 2004: Album release: Acoustic by John Lennon
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: UK album release: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: Untitled Sound Effects, Hello, Goodbye, The Fool On The Hill
- 1967: Mixing: All You Need Is Love, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1965: Television: The Music Of Lennon & McCartney
- 1964: Live: Astoria Cinema, Finsbury Park, London
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Cheltenham
- 1963: UK EP release: The Beatles No. 1
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Bruno Koschmider terminates The Beatles’ Kaiserkeller contract
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.