Sir Paul McCartney performed a concert at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee, as part of his Up And Coming Tour.
During the concert McCartney signed the back of a fan, underneath a tattoo of his famous Höfner bass.
The fan was Sarah Furlow, 27, who attended with her sister Krissy Beyl. They made a sign before the show asking: "Your Höfner is tattooed on my back. Will you please sign it?" During the second encore her wish came true and she was brought to the stage after his performance of Yesterday.
The next day she had the signature turned into a tattoo, before returning to Louisville.
During the show he also brought a boy from the crowd onto the stage, to dance during Get Back:
An extra surprise during the show was a version of Tequila, the 1958 instrumental by The Champs:
- Venus And Mars/Rock Show
- All My Loving
- Letting Go
- Got To Get You Into My Life
- Let Me Roll It
- The Long And Winding Road
- Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five
- Let 'Em In
- My Love
- I'm Looking Through You
- Two Of Us
- Here Today
- Dance Tonight
- Mrs Vandebilt
- Eleanor Rigby
- Ram On
- Sing The Changes
- Band On The Run
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- Back In The USSR
- I've Got A Feeling
- Paperback Writer
- A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance
- Let It Be
- Live And Let Die
- Hey Jude
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Bell Centre, Montreal, Canada
- 1967: The Beatles visit a Greek island they intended to purchase
- 1967: Ringo Starr returns to England from Greece
- 1964: Live: Opera House, Blackpool
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Cambridge Hall, Southport
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.