This was the third of five consecutive Sunday concerts at English seaside resorts.
The Beatles appeared at Blackpool's Opera House on two occasions. The second was less than a month later, on 16 August 1964.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Bell Centre, Montreal, Canada
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Bridgestone Arena, Nashville
- 1967: The Beatles visit a Greek island they intended to purchase
- 1967: Ringo Starr returns to England from Greece
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Cambridge Hall, Southport
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.