This was The Beatles' second appearance at Blackpool's Opera House within a month. They had previously performed at the venue on 26 July 1964.
Also on the bill on this night were The High Numbers, who were shortly to rename themselves The Who, and The Kinks.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1966: Live: John F Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia
- 1965: John Lennon’s Mellotron is delivered to Weybridge
- 1965: Day off in New York
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Llandudno
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: Pete Best is sacked from The Beatles
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Travel: Liverpool to Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.