Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Ken Scott
Before the session ended at 5am a reduction mix was made of take 14. The tape machine was running slower than usual during the mix - at 42½ cycles per second rather than the usual 50 - which lengthened the song from 3'53" to 4'53".
While My Guitar Gently Weeps was then set aside until 3 September 1968, when it became the first Beatles song to feature eight-track recording at Abbey Road.
Also on this day...
- 1966: Live: John F Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia
- 1965: John Lennon’s Mellotron is delivered to Weybridge
- 1965: Day off in New York
- 1964: Live: Opera House, Blackpool
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Llandudno
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: Pete Best is sacked from The Beatles
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Travel: Liverpool to Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.