The Beatles’ 10th evening show at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this date.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern Club shows is not known, although at least 155 lunchtime performances and 125 evening shows are documented between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Overall this was their 35th appearance at the Mathew Street venue, which would soon be world-famous due to its association with The Beatles.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1966: Live: John F Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia
- 1965: John Lennon’s Mellotron is delivered to Weybridge
- 1965: Day off in New York
- 1964: Live: Opera House, Blackpool
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Llandudno
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: Pete Best is fired from The Beatles
- 1960: Travel: Liverpool to Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.