This was the fifth of six consecutive dates in the north Wales seaside resort Llandudno. They played two houses on each night. The shows began at 6.30pm and 8.50pm, and tickets were priced at 4/6d, 6/6d and 8/6d.
Also on the bill for the week were Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, the Lana Sisters, Sons of Piltdown Men, Tommy Wallis and Beryl, and Tommy Quickly. The compère was Billy Baxter.
Apart from the six-night Llandudno residency, The Beatles' other performances in Wales were in Rhyl on 14 July 1962 and 19-20 July 1963; Prestatyn on 24 November 1962; Mold on 24 January 1963; Abergavenny on 22 June 1963; and Cardiff on 27 May 1963, 7 November 1964 and 12 December 1965.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1966: Live: John F Kennedy Stadium, Philadelphia
- 1965: John Lennon’s Mellotron is delivered to Weybridge
- 1965: Day off in New York
- 1964: Live: Opera House, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: Riverpark Ballroom, Chester
- 1962: Pete Best is sacked from The Beatles
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Travel: Liverpool to Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.