This was the fourth of six consecutive dates in the north Wales seaside resort Llandudno. They played two houses on each night. The shows began at 6.30pm and 8.50pm, and tickets were priced at 4/6d, 6/6d and 8/6d.
Also on the bill for the week were Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, the Lana Sisters, Sons of Piltdown Men, Tommy Wallis and Beryl, and Tommy Quickly. The compère was Billy Baxter.
Apart from the six-night Llandudno residency, The Beatles’ other performances in Wales were in Rhyl on 14 July 1962 and 19–20 July 1963; Prestatyn on 24 November 1962; Mold on 24 January 1963; Abergavenny on 22 June 1963; and Cardiff on 27 May 1963, 7 November 1964 and 12 December 1965.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Piedmont Park, Atlanta
- 1969: Recording: Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End, Something, Here Comes The Sun
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Rocky Raccoon
- 1966: Live: DC Stadium, Washington, DC
- 1965: The Beatles live: Shea Stadium, New York
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening) – Pete Best’s final show with The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.