This was the third of six consecutive dates in the north Wales seaside resort Llandudno. They played two houses on each night. The shows began at 6.30pm and 8.50pm, and tickets were priced at 4/6d, 6/6d and 8/6d.
Also on the bill for the week were Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, the Lana Sisters, Sons of Piltdown Men, Tommy Wallis and Beryl, and Tommy Quickly. The compère was Billy Baxter.
Apart from the six-night Llandudno residency, The Beatles' other performances in Wales were in Rhyl on 14 July 1962 and 19-20 July 1963; Prestatyn on 24 November 1962; Mold on 24 January 1963; Abergavenny on 22 June 1963; and Cardiff on 27 May 1963, 7 November 1964 and 12 December 1965.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Candlestick Park, San Francisco
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Mosaic Stadium, Regina, Canada
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
- 1969: Radio: Everett Is Here
- 1969: Mixing, editing: Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, Polythene Pam, She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, You Never Give Me Your Money
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Yer Blues, What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1966: Live: Cleveland Stadium, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1966: KLUE radio, Texas, is struck by lightning
- 1965: The Beatles’ fourth Ed Sullivan Show
- 1964: Recording, mixing: I’m A Loser, Mr Moonlight, Baby’s In Black, Leave My Kitten Alone
- 1963: Television: Scene At 6.30
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.