The Beatles’ 25th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 34th appearance overall at the underground venue on Mathew Street which would soon be world famous.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Candlestick Park, San Francisco
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Mosaic Stadium, Regina, Canada
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
- 1969: Radio: Everett Is Here
- 1969: Mixing, editing: Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, Polythene Pam, She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, You Never Give Me Your Money
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Yer Blues, What’s The New Mary Jane
- 1966: Live: Cleveland Stadium, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1966: KLUE radio, Texas, is struck by lightning
- 1965: The Beatles’ fourth and final Ed Sullivan Show
- 1964: Recording, mixing: I’m A Loser, Mr Moonlight, Baby’s In Black, Leave My Kitten Alone
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Llandudno
- 1963: Television: Scene At 6.30
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.