This was The Beatles' 125th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club. It was also the 38th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 215th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool's city centre.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Piedmont Park, Atlanta
- 1969: Recording: Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, The End, Something, Here Comes The Sun
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Rocky Raccoon
- 1966: Live: DC Stadium, Washington, DC
- 1965: The Beatles live at Shea Stadium, New York
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Llandudno
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening) – Pete Best’s final show with The Beatles
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.