This was the second of two days The Beatles spent at Granada TV Centre in Manchester, during which they recorded their contributions to a television special, The Music Of Lennon & McCartney, which was first broadcast on 16 December 1965.
The line-up of the show was: A World Without Love (Peter and Gordon), I Saw Him Standing There (Lulu), From Me To You (Alan Haven and Tony Crombie), She Loves You/medley (Fritz Spiegl's Ensemble), Day Tripper (The Beatles), Yesterday (Paul McCartney and Marianne Faithfull), She Loves You (Antonio Vargas), Things We Said Today (Dick Rivers), Bad To Me (Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas), It's For You (Cilla Black), Ringo's Theme/This Boy (The George Martin Orchestra), If I Fell (Henry Mancini), And I Love Him (Esther Phillips), A Hard Day's Night (Peter Sellers) and We Can Work It Out (The Beatles).
After the recording was complete The Beatles returned to London.
Also on this day...
- 2017: The Beatles announce Christmas fan club box set and Sgt Pepper picture disc
- 1998: UK album release: Wonsaponatime by John Lennon
- 1998: UK album release: John Lennon Anthology
- 1973: US album release: Mind Games by John Lennon
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Hello, Goodbye
- 1964: Live: King’s Hall, Belfast
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.