This was the 30th night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2017: The Beatles announce Christmas fan club box set and Sgt Pepper picture disc
- 1998: UK album release: Wonsaponatime by John Lennon
- 1998: UK album release: John Lennon Anthology
- 1973: US album release: Mind Games by John Lennon
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Television: The Music Of Lennon & McCartney
- 1964: Live: King’s Hall, Belfast
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.