This was the second date of The Beatles' second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles performed for three and a half hours each night, for which they were each paid 600DM (£53.50) a week. On occasion they shared a bill with Little Richard, whom they had performed with in Liverpool the previous month.
Also on this day...
- 1998: UK album release: Wonsaponatime by John Lennon
- 1998: UK album release: John Lennon Anthology
- 1973: US album release: Mind Games by John Lennon
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Television: The Music Of Lennon & McCartney
- 1964: Live: King’s Hall, Belfast
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.