This was the 31st night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1998: US album release: Wonsaponatime by John Lennon
- 1998: US album release: John Lennon Anthology
- 1987: US album release: Cloud Nine by George Harrison
- 1986: UK album release: Menlove Ave by John Lennon
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1965: Recording: Michelle
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Leeds
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.