This was the 31st night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 1998: US album release: John Lennon Anthology
- 1998: US album release: Wonsaponatime by John Lennon
- 1986: UK album release: Menlove Ave by John Lennon
- 1967: Filming: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1965: Recording: Michelle
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Leeds
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.