This was the 32nd night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Apple Corps announces USB drive containing The Beatles’ music
- 2009: EMI sues BlueBeat.com for selling Beatles downloads
- 1968: Yoko Ono is admitted to hospital
- 1966: NEMS leaves 13 Monmouth Street, London
- 1965: Recording: What Goes On, 12-Bar Original
- 1964: Live: Ritz Cinema, Luton
- 1964: Mixing: I’ll Follow The Sun, Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby, Rock And Roll Music, Words Of Love, Mr Moonlight, I Don’t Want To Spoil The Party, I’m A Loser, Baby’s In Black, No Reply, I Feel Fine
- 1964: UK EP release: Extracts From The Film A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Royal Command Performance
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.