The session began at 10am and lasted three hours. The songs worked on, in order, were: ‘I’ll Follow The Sun’, ‘Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby’, ‘Rock And Roll Music’, ‘Words Of Love’, ‘Mr Moonlight’, ‘I Don’t Want To Spoil The Party’, ‘I’m A Loser’, ‘Baby’s In Black’, ‘No Reply’ and I Feel Fine.
As with the mono mix session on 27 October, two stereo versions of Mr Moonlight were made, from takes 4 and 8. These were edited together at the end of the day, after which Beatles For Sale was complete.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Apple Corps announces USB drive containing The Beatles’ music
- 2009: EMI sues BlueBeat.com for selling Beatles downloads
- 1968: Yoko Ono is admitted to hospital
- 1966: NEMS leaves 13 Monmouth Street, London
- 1965: Recording: What Goes On, 12-Bar Original
- 1964: Live: Ritz Cinema, Luton
- 1964: UK EP release: Extracts From The Film A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Royal Command Performance
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.