Studio Two (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Norman Smith
The session began at 10am and lasted three hours. The songs worked on, in order, were: I’ll Follow The Sun, Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby, Rock And Roll Music, Words Of Love, Mr Moonlight, I Don’t Want To Spoil The Party, I’m A Loser, Baby’s In Black, No Reply and I Feel Fine.
As with the mono mix session on 27 October, two stereo versions of Mr Moonlight were made, from takes 4 and 8. These were edited together at the end of the day, after which Beatles For Sale was complete.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Apple Corps announces USB drive containing The Beatles’ music
- 2009: EMI sues BlueBeat.com for selling Beatles downloads
- 1968: Yoko Ono is admitted to hospital
- 1966: NEMS leaves 13 Monmouth Street, London
- 1965: Recording: What Goes On, 12-Bar Original
- 1964: Live: Ritz Cinema, Luton
- 1964: UK EP release: Extracts From The Film A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Royal Command Performance
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.