This was the fourth date of The Beatles’ second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles performed for three and a half hours each night, for which they were each paid 600DM (£53.50) a week. On occasion they shared a bill with Little Richard, whom they had performed with in Liverpool the previous month.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Apple Corps announces USB drive containing The Beatles’ music
- 2009: EMI sues BlueBeat.com for selling Beatles downloads
- 1974: US single release: Junior’s Farm by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1968: Yoko Ono is admitted to hospital
- 1966: NEMS leaves 13 Monmouth Street, London
- 1965: Recording: What Goes On, 12-Bar Original
- 1964: Live: Ritz Cinema, Luton
- 1964: Mixing: I’ll Follow The Sun, Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby, Rock And Roll Music, Words Of Love, Mr Moonlight, I Don’t Want To Spoil The Party, I’m A Loser, Baby’s In Black, No Reply, I Feel Fine
- 1964: UK EP release: Extracts From The Film A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Royal Command Performance
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.