This was the 33rd night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney lends his support to Obama re-election campaign
- 2011: John Lennon’s tooth sells at auction for £19,500
- 2008: Beatles Kansas City footage sells for £4,100 ($6,600)
- 1990: UK album release: Tripping The Live Fantastic by Paul McCartney
- 1982: UK album release: Gone Troppo by George Harrison
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Nottingham
- 1963: Live: Adelphi Cinema, Slough
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.