On this occasion it was the 22nd date of their 1964 British tour. The Beatles performed two concerts a night, for which they were paid £850. Their set throughout the 1964 tour contained 10 songs: Twist And Shout, Money (That's What I Want), Can't Buy Me Love, Things We Said Today, I'm Happy Just To Dance With You, I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, I Wanna Be Your Man, A Hard Day's Night and Long Tall Sally.
The support acts on the tour were The Rustiks, Sounds Incorporated, Michael Haslam, The Remo Four, Tommy Quickly and Mary Wells, and the compère was Bob Bain. The evening's two shows began at 6.15pm and 8.30pm.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney lends his support to Obama re-election campaign
- 2011: John Lennon’s tooth sells at auction for £19,500
- 2008: Beatles Kansas City footage sells for £4,100 ($6,600)
- 1963: Live: Adelphi Cinema, Slough
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.