This was the fifth date of The Beatles’ second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles performed for three and a half hours each night, for which they were each paid 600DM (£53.50) a week. On occasion they shared a bill with Little Richard, whom they had performed with in Liverpool the previous month.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney lends his support to Obama re-election campaign
- 2011: John Lennon’s tooth sells at auction for £19,500
- 2008: Beatles Kansas City footage sells for £4,100 ($6,600)
- 1990: UK album release: Tripping The Live Fantastic by Paul McCartney
- 1982: UK album release: Gone Troppo by George Harrison
- 1964: Live: Odeon Cinema, Nottingham
- 1963: Live: Adelphi Cinema, Slough
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.