This was the 34th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: The Beatles’ 1 collection is reissued with remixed audio and restored video
- 1990: US album release: Tripping The Live Fantastic by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording: Stormy Weather by Ringo Starr
- 1967: Mixing, editing: Hello, Goodbye, I Am The Walrus, Your Mother Should Know, Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Paul McCartney flies to France
- 1966: John Lennon returns to England from Spain
- 1966: The Beatles turn down a benefit request for victims of the Aberfan disaster
- 1965: Recording: I’m Looking Through You
- 1964: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Southampton
- 1964: UK EP release: Extracts From The Album A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Northampton
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.