This was the 23rd night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 1973: UK single release: Helen Wheels by Wings
- 1965: The Beatles collect their MBEs
- 1965: Mixing: Drive My Car, Day Tripper, In My Life, If I Needed Someone, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1964: Recording, mixing: I Don’t Want To Spoil The Party, Rock And Roll Music, Words Of Love, Baby’s In Black, I’m A Loser, Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey!, Honey Don’t, What You’re Doing, Another Beatles Christmas Record
- 1963: Live: Kungliga Tennishallen, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1962: Live: Public Hall, Preston
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1959: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.