The second night of The Beatles' 1963 tour of Sweden saw two shows at the Kungliga Tennishallen (royal tennis hall) in the capital, Stockholm.
The concerts took place at 5pm and 8pm. The Beatles' likely set for these concerts, and for all the other dates on the Sweden tour, contained nine songs:
- Roll Over Beethoven
- Please Please Me
- I Saw Her Standing There
- From Me To You
- A Taste Of Honey
- She Loves You
- Twist And Shout
- Long Tall Sally
Despite their popularity in Sweden, The Beatles were second on the bill to Joey Dee and the Starliters. Ticket prices were between 8 and 16 SKr, and The Beatles' fee for the night was £140.
After the second concert John Lennon and Ringo Starr went to a party held by Joey Dee at the Foresta Hotel, but Paul McCartney and George Harrison returned to the Continental Hotel, where The Beatles stayed that night.
Also on this day...
- 1965: The Beatles collect their MBEs
- 1965: Mixing: Drive My Car, Day Tripper, In My Life, If I Needed Someone, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1964: Recording, mixing: I Don’t Want To Spoil The Party, Rock And Roll Music, Words Of Love, Baby’s In Black, I’m A Loser, Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey!, Honey Don’t, What You’re Doing, Another Beatles Christmas Record
- 1962: Live: Public Hall, Preston
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.