This was the 22nd night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2019: Album release: What’s My Name by Ringo Starr
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: State Theater, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2009: Rare Capitol Records staff-only pressing of Sgt Pepper discovered
- 1974: UK single release: Junior’s Farm by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono announce pregnancy
- 1968: Mixing, editing: Yellow Submarine film score
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: The Fool On The Hill, Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Mixing: Drive My Car, In My Life, If I Needed Someone, Day Tripper, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1964: Live: Hippodrome, Brighton
- 1963: Live: Sundsta Läroverk, Karlstad, Sweden
- 1962: Radio: Here We Go
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.