The third Los Angeles recording session for Jackie Lomax’s debut album Is This What You Want? took place on this day at Sound Recorders Studio.
George Harrison produced the album, which was released by Apple in March 1969.
The backing track for the song Take My Word was recorded during this session. The core set of musicians on the album were Harrison on rhythm guitar, Joe Osborne on bass guitar, Larry Knechtel on piano, electric piano and organ, and Hal Blaine on drums. Sessions continued until 11 November 1968.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at State Theater, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2009: Rare Capitol Records staff-only pressing of Sgt Pepper discovered
- 1974: UK single release: Junior’s Farm by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono announce pregnancy
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: The Fool On The Hill, Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Mixing: Drive My Car, In My Life, If I Needed Someone, Day Tripper, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1964: Live: Hippodrome, Brighton
- 1963: Live: Sundsta Läroverk, Karlstad, Sweden
- 1962: Radio: Here We Go
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.