The Beatles performed two concerts each night on the tour, for which they were paid £850. Their set contained 10 songs: Twist And Shout, Money (That’s What I Want), Can’t Buy Me Love, Things We Said Today, I’m Happy Just To Dance With You, I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, I Wanna Be Your Man, A Hard Day’s Night and Long Tall Sally.
The support acts on the tour were The Rustiks, Sounds Incorporated, Michael Haslam, The Remo Four, Tommy Quickly and Mary Wells, and the compère was Bob Bain. The evening’s two shows began at 6pm and 8.45pm.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at State Theater, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, Florida
- 2009: Rare Capitol Records staff-only pressing of Sgt Pepper discovered
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono announce pregnancy
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: The Fool On The Hill, Hello, Goodbye
- 1965: Mixing: Drive My Car, In My Life, If I Needed Someone, Day Tripper, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), Nowhere Man
- 1963: Live: Sundsta Läroverk, Karlstad, Sweden
- 1962: Radio: Here We Go
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.