The 15th date of The Beatles’ tour of the United Kingdom with Roy Orbison was at the Hippodrome Theatre on Middle Street in Brighton, Sussex.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at the Event Center, Borgata, Atlantic City, New Jersey
- 2010: Paul McCartney is honoured by President Obama at the White House
- 2009: Paul and Ringo reunite for Beatles Rock Band launch
- 1967: Recording, mixing: It’s All Too Much
- 1967: US album release: Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- 1966: Recording, mixing: I Want To Tell You, Yellow Submarine
- 1965: John, George and Ringo attend the première of Richard Lester’s The Knack (And How To Get It)
- 1964: Recording: Any Time At All, Things We Said Today, When I Get Home
- 1962: Travel: Hamburg to Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.