This was the 21st night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Grand Theater, Mashantucket, Connecticut
- 1980: UK single release: (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon
- 1975: UK single release: Imagine by John Lennon
- 1969: Paul McCartney denies reports of his death
- 1969: UK single release: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: Mixing, editing: Yellow Submarine film score
- 1965: Recording: I’m Looking Through You
- 1964: Live: Granada Cinema, Walthamstow, London
- 1963: Radio: Karlaplansstudion, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.