The second Los Angeles recording session for Jackie Lomax’s debut album Is This What You Want? took place on this day at Sound Recorders Studio.
George Harrison produced the album, which was released by Apple in March 1969.
The backing track for the song Speak To Me was recorded during this session. The core set of musicians on the album were Harrison on rhythm guitar, Joe Osborne on bass guitar, Larry Knechtel on piano, electric piano and organ, and Hal Blaine on drums. Sessions continued until 11 November 1968.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Grand Theater, Mashantucket, Connecticut
- 1980: UK single release: (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon
- 1975: UK single release: Imagine by John Lennon
- 1969: Paul McCartney denies reports of his death
- 1969: UK single release: Cold Turkey by Plastic Ono Band
- 1965: Recording: I’m Looking Through You
- 1964: Live: Granada Cinema, Walthamstow, London
- 1963: Radio: Karlaplansstudion, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.