This was the 20th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Citi Performing Arts Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, Florida
- 2012: Apple Inc granted trademark for The Beatles’ Apple Corps logo
- 2010: English Heritage plaque unveiled at Lennon and Ono’s former London home
- 1980: US single release: (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon
- 1968: Recording: Yellow Submarine film score
- 1964: Live: Gaumont State Cinema, Kilburn, London
- 1963: Travel: London to Stockholm, Sweden
- 1963: Recording, mixing: I Wanna Be Your Man, Little Child, Hold Me Tight
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.