This was the 20th night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Citi Performing Arts Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, Florida
- 2012: Apple Inc granted trademark for The Beatles’ Apple Corps logo
- 2010: English Heritage plaque unveiled at Lennon and Ono’s former London home
- 1964: Live: Gaumont State Cinema, Kilburn, London
- 1963: Travel: London to Stockholm, Sweden
- 1963: Recording, mixing: I Wanna Be Your Man, Little Child, Hold Me Tight
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.