This was the 37th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Love Me Do drummer Andy White dies
- 2011: Good Ol’ Freda: documentary on Beatles fan club secretary secures funding
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1965: Editing, mixing: The Beatles’ Third Christmas Record, Michelle, What Goes On, Run For Your Life, Think For Yourself
- 1964: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, East Ham, London
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime) – Brian Epstein meets The Beatles
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.