This was the 37th night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Love Me Do drummer Andy White dies
- 2011: Good Ol’ Freda: documentary on Beatles fan club secretary secures funding
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1965: Editing, mixing: The Beatles’ Third Christmas Record, Michelle, What Goes On, Run For Your Life, Think For Yourself
- 1964: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, East Ham, London
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime) – Brian Epstein meets The Beatles
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.