This was The Beatles’ 13th performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David’s Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 8, 15 and 22 February; 8 and 20 March; 20 August; 3 and 17 September; 15 and 29 October; 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at HSBC Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan
- 2012: UK release: The Beatles’ stereo vinyl box set
- 2008: Eleanor Rigby signature to be auctioned
- 2001: UK album release: Driving Rain by Paul McCartney
- 1973: US single release: Helen Wheels by Wings
- 1968: Recording: Electronic Sound by George Harrison
- 1966: Paul McCartney meets Mal Evans in Bordeaux, France
- 1963: Television: Day By Day, South Today
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.