This was The Beatles’ 53rd lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows in the Cavern typically lasted from 12-2pm. Overall this was their 77th appearance at the cellar club, including their late-night shows.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2012: Sgt Pepper collage sells at auction for £55,250
- 2012: US release: The Beatles’ stereo vinyl box set
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Yas Arena, Abu Dhabi
- 2001: US album release: Driving Rain by Paul McCartney
- 2000: Album release: 1
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Plymouth
- 1963: Television: Move Over, Dad
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.