This was The Beatles’ 11th performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David’s Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 8, 15 and 22 February; 8 and 20 March; 20 August; 3 and 17 September; 29 October; 12 and 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Last updated: 15 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Bryce Jordan Center, Pennsylvania
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: North Charleston Performing Arts Center, South Carolina
- 2013: US album release: New by Paul McCartney
- 1968: Mixing: Happiness Is A Warm Gun, I’m So Tired, Cry Baby Cry
- 1964: Live: Globe Cinema, Stockton-on-Tees
- 1963: Live: Floral Hall, Southport
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Albany Cinema, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1960: Recording: Summertime
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.