Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Ken Scott
With the recording of the White Album completed, final mixing and sequencing took place over a number of days.
This was a brief session, lasting just two hours from 6pm. Four songs were worked on, each one written by John Lennon.
Three mono mixes of ‘I’m So Tired’ were then made, and one of ‘Cry Baby Cry’.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Bryce Jordan Center, Pennsylvania
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: North Charleston Performing Arts Center, South Carolina
- 2013: US album release: New by Paul McCartney
- 1964: Live: Globe Cinema, Stockton-on-Tees
- 1963: Live: Floral Hall, Southport
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Albany Cinema, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1960: Recording: Summertime
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.