This was The Beatles’ eighth performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David’s Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 8, 15 and 22 February; 8 and 20 March; 3 and 17 September; 15 and 29 October; 12 and 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Cowboys Stadium, Dallas
- 1969: Mixing, editing: I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
- 1968: Recording, mixing, editing: Yer Blues, Mother Nature’s Son, Etcetera, Wild Honey Pie
- 1966: The Beatles’ Cincinnati concert is postponed
- 1965: Live: White Sox Park, Chicago
- 1964: Live: Convention Center, Las Vegas
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Crewe
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.